zi alikhan: director.
- Les Misérables//by Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schönberg, Jean-Marc Natel, and Herbert Kretzmer//Pace University, New York, NY 2018 (UPCOMING).
- Blood Special//by Alex Lubischer//Playwrights Horizons (Guest Curator Series), New York, NY 2018.
- House of Joy//by Madhuri Shekar//New York Stage and Film, New York, NY, 2018 and The Juilliard School*, New York, NY, 2017.
- The Other Instinct//by Sam Chanse//The Lark (P Week), New York, NY, 2017.
- The Body Politic//by Charles Osborne and Leo Hurley//NYMF*, New York, NY, 2017
- Tilda Swinton Betrayed Us//by A. Rey Pamatmat//Keen Company (Keen Teens)*, New York, NY, 2017.
- Spring Awakening//by Steven Sater and Duncan Sheik//Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY, 2017.
- The Wild Party//by Andrew Lippa//Yale University Theatre, New Haven, CT, 2016.
- THE MAIDS.//by Jean Genet//Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA, 2016.
- Where Have You Gone//by Jacob Perkins//Williamstown Theatre Festival*, Williamstown, MA, 2016.
- Fill Fill Fill Fill Fill Fill Fill//by Stephanie Del Rosso//Soho Rep (Lab)*, New York, NY, 2016.
- Stranger//by Craig Lucas//Fordham University, Bronx, NY, 2016.
- BERNARDA ALBA//by Michael John Lachiusa//Long Island University-Post Campus, Brookville, NY, 2016.
- Skippyjon Jones: Snow What//by Kevin Del Aguila and Eli Bolin//Theatreworks USA (Originally directed by Kevin Del Aguila), Spring 2016 US Tour.
- Curious George: The Golden Meatball//by Jeremy Desmon and John Kavanaugh//TheatreworksUSA (Originally directed by Marcia Milgrom Dodge), Spring 2016 US Tour.
- Five Times in One Night//by Chiara Atik//Rutgers University/Mason Gross School of the Arts, New Brunswick, NJ, 2015.
- Barrier Islands//by Lizzie Vieh//The Wild Project*, New York, NY, 2015.
- SUMMER&SMOKE//by Tennessee Williams//The BASiC Theatre Project/ACCESS Gallery, New York, NY, 2015.
- To Damascus//by August Strindberg//The Pearl Theatre Company (Pick Your Poison Series), New York, NY, 2014.
- THE GRIND. Or, How We Became Posthuman//adapted from La Ronde by Arthur Schnitzler with writings by N. Katherine Hayles, Sherry Turkle, and Maureen O'Connor//Hangar Theatre*, Ithaca, NY, 2014.
- Yo, Vikings!//by Sam Willmott and Marcus Stevens//Hangar Theatre, Ithaca, NY, 2014.
- The Gospel According to Faggots//by Aurin Squire//Brooklyn Arts Exchange*, Brooklyn, NY, 2015.
- The Future Mrs. Harry Windsor//conceived and co-written with Marti Gould Cummings//Dixon Place*, New York, NY, 2014.
- Black Man in a Hoodie//by Aurin Squire//The ONENESS Project/Loft227*, New York, NY 2014.
- N/F//by Keelay Gipson//HERE Arts Center/DUTF*, New York, NY, 2013.
- The Mistakes Madeline Made//by Elizabeth Meriwether//The BASiC Theatre Project/14th Street Y, New York, NY, 2013.
- GROSS INDECENCY: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde//by Moisès Kaufman//The BASiC Theatre Project/Fifth Floor Theatre (2012), GayFestNYC/Abingdon Theatre (2013), New York, NY.
- The Cradle Will Rock//by Marc Blitzstein//Tisch New Theatre/Atlas Theatre, later a co-production with the City of New York in Washington Square Park, New York, NY, 2010.
- COMPANY//by Stephen Sondheim and George Furth//Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY, 2009.
- Cabaret//by John Kander, Fred Ebb, and Joe Masteroff//UC Berkeley Cesar Chavez Theatre, Berkeley, CA, 2007.
- SOARING BEYOND: Eagle Academy Foundation Annual Breakfast (Event Producer and Talent Director), Gotham Hall, New York, NY, 2016. Keynote Speaker: Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Hamilton: An American Musical//by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Dir. Thomas Kail//Philip Tour (Resident Director), 2017-2019
- Six Degrees of Separation//by John Guare//Ethel Barrymore Theatre, New York, NY (Director: Trip Cullman), 2017.
- The Boy Who Danced on Air//by Tim Rosser and Charlie Sohne//Abingdon Theatre Company, New York, NY (Director: Tony Speciale), 2017.
- The Rose Tattoo//by Tennessee Williams//Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA (Director: Trip Cullman), 2016.
- Ripcord//by David Lindsay-Abaire//Manhattan Theatre Club/City Center, New York, NY (Director: David Hyde Pierce), 2015.
- It Shoulda Been You!//by Brian Hargrove and Barbara Anselmi//The Brooks-Atkinson Theatre (Second Assistant), New York, NY (Director: David Hyde Pierce, Assoc. Director: Shelley Butler), 2015.
- HUZZAH!//by Nell Benjamin and Laurence O'Keefe//Williamstown Theatre Festival (Workshop), Williamstown, MA (Director: Marc Bruni), 2016.
- Uncle Vanya//by Anton Chekhov//The Pearl Theatre Company, New York, NY (Director: Hal Brooks), 2014.
- Pete the Cat//by Will Aronson and Sarah Hammond//TheatreworksUSA, New York, NY (Director: Dan Knechtges), 2016.
- Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man//by Matt Murphy//The 777, New York, NY (Director: Tim Drucker), 2014.
- Under My Skin//by Robert Sternin and Prudence Fraser//Pasadena Playhouse (SDC Observership), Pasadena, CA (Director: Marcia Milgrom Dodge), 2012.
- Sweet Charity//by Neil Simon, Dorothy Fields, and Cy Coleman//The Drama League Rough Draft, New York, NY 2016.
- MARY/STUART//by Keelay Gipson, from Friedrich Schiller//Brooklyn Academy of Music/Lambda Literary/Belladonna, Brooklyn, NY 2016.
- What I Tell You in the Dark//by Keelay Gipson//Wild Project, New York, NY 2016.
- The Gospel According to Faggots//by Aurin Squire//Brooklyn Arts Exchange, Brooklyn, NY, 2015.
- THE GRIND. Or, How We Became Posthuman//adapted from La Ronde by Arthur Schnitzler with writings by N. Katherine Hayles, Sherry Turkle, and Maureen O'Connor//The BASiC Theatre Project (workshop), New York, NY, 2014.
- In the Next Room (or, The Vibrator Play)//by Sarah Ruhl//The WORK: Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY, 2013.
- Brecht's MOTHER COURAGE//by Bertolt Brecht//The BASiC Theatre Project LAB SERIES, New York, NY, 2013.
- The Rock and The Ripe//by Mark Blane//The Araca Project, New York, NY, 2013.
- A CRUCIBLE//Adapted from Arthur Miller//The BASiC Theatre Project LAB SERIES, New York, NY, 2013.
- Men at Some Time are Masters of their Fates: Harvey Milk//Dan White//adapted from Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.
- Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea//devised from Barbara Demick//The BASiC Theatre Project (initial development at Hangar Theatre), 2014.
- Drama League Directors Project Alum, Class of 2014 (Hangar Residency Program).
- Soho Rep Writer/Director Lab, Year 18 (2015/2016).
- 2015 Drama League Artist in Residence (THE GRIND. Or, How We Became Posthuman).
- Williamstown Theatre Festival Directing Assistant, 2016.
- Manhattan Theatre Club Jonathan Alper Directing Fellow, 2015.
- SDC Observership Program 2012-2013 (Observer for Tony nominee, Marcia Milgrom Dodge at Pasadena Playhouse for the world premiere of Under My Skin).
- Directing Mentor, Fordham University, Spring 2016/Fall 2016.
- Directing Mentor, The New School for Drama (BFA), Spring 2016.
- BFA with Honors in Drama, New York University/Tisch School of the Arts (CAP-21/Viewpoints Studio)//Training with Mary Overlie, Kevin Kuhlke, Erin Ortman, Mana Allen, Chris Mills.
- University of California, Berkeley (studied Sociology/Theatre and Performance Studies)
- Additional Training: Tectonic Theatre Project, Craig Carnelia, Jen Waldman